If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Nevada.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Friday, July 31, 2009

Homemade Cleaning Products

Today I am trying out the laundry soap recipe used by the Duggars, their site can be found here. The only exception to the formula is I used an ivory bar because I have been waiting two weeks for one bar of Fels-Naptha. have already tried the diluted softener sponges in place of regular dryer sheets. It works fantastic! So I had to try this out!

Homemade Laundry Soap .Assembling Ingredients Pictures, Images and Photos

Their site got me thinking and sent me on a search of all the other cleaners that will be needed and what else can we do to become a little more frugal. My guess is that these homemade tried and true recipes may work better than the perfumed chemicals I buy at the store!



Here is where I found some fantastic recipes...and a an overall terrific prepping site! Looking forward to trying them out as well.

Kentucky Preppers Network: Homemade Cleaning Products

What do you use? What corners have you cut? Curious to hear what creative ways people are coping in this economy.

I just went on a search for Fels-Naptha and guess what folks, it is very difficult to find, as I have been waiting 2 weeks for a bar from Amazon. The washing soda is flat NOT AVAILABLE, and so I went to Ebay to search for these items. I finally found a decent deal on the Fels-Naptha, 24 bars for $40.00 which is a lot cheaper than the $4 and up for one bar I had previously found. This means two things, either it is in low production or high demand. By the washing soda being unavailable as well that tells me high demand may be the culprit.

So how is that an indicator the economy is turning the corner? I think what is keeping the economy going as it is, are those of us stockpiling and prepping. Just a thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good one...
Thanks for sharing this post with us......
___________________
DyanaDevis
Get easy cash at your door step

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

The Ready Store

Nevada Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Nevada Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.